Service To The Profession
Applied linguistics faculty play a role in editing publications that disseminate applied linguistics research.
- Beginning in 2016, Carol Chapelle will begin a term as co-editor of Language Testing.
- Volker Hegelheimer is the co-editor for the spring 2016 CALICO Journal special issue on Automated Writing Evaluation.
- Gary Ockey currently serves as an associate editor of Language Assessment Quarterly.
- John Levis, founding editor of the Journal of Second Language Pronunciation, continues to edit that journal. He also is the editor of the annual Proceedings of the Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching conference.
- Gulbahar Beckett serves as associate editor of Diaspora, Indigenous, and Minority Education.
- Carol Chapelle serves as the editor for the ten-volume Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics (Wiley, 2013). (Read the introduction.)
- Other reference works edited by applied linguistics faculty include The Handbook of English Pronunciation (2015 Wiley), the four-volume Critical Concepts in Linguistics on Pronunciation (forthcoming, Taylor & Francis) and the Handbook of Technology and Second Language Teaching and Learning (forthcoming, Wiley).